Although we’re used to seeing this recipe in Chinese restaurants it is not what a proper Chinese dish is said. This way of enriching a fried white rice is part of this strange Chinese-American culture that developed in the United States in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. The fried rice itself, is a very popular component of Chinese cuisine is usually served as an accompaniment to another dish or as in this case, a dish in itself. In Venezuela and Colombia it is known under the name “Chinese rice” in Peru is called “fried rice” and Ecuador is called “Chaulafán”.
No longer a rice you can make at a time with easy to find ingredients. You can add almost anything you have on hand or in the refrigerator, but the best known in Spain, the fried rice resep masakan cina, it has three main ingredients: shrimp, tortilla and ham. The ingredients used in the preparation of fried rice vary greatly depending on the area of the world where you are. They often include carrots, bean sprouts, celery, peas, and other meat such as chicken, pork, shrimp or sweet ham.
Restaurants in West China have gradually inventing their own varieties: with fried egg, spicy in the so-called “Singapore rice” and “fried rice” found in Spain. In it we also include bits of egg to give color and is usually accompanied with a bowl of soy sauce to add a touch salty. I leave you with this easy, resultona and very tasty, perfect for any day this summer recipe.
PREPARATION OF FRIED RICE
- We put a pan of water on to boil, when boiling add the carrot pieces not too big and fresh peas (if like me you use canned pea fine would not be necessary to cook them). Add a pinch of salt and cook for 10-12 minutes. Reserve.
- Wash rice well to clean it of impurities and excess starch and looser will be after cooking. We put a quart of water to a boil in a saucepan and when boiling add the rice and half small spoon of salt. Stir occasionally and sampled after about 12 minutes to see the consistency of rice. When almost done (it should be a little hard) it is time to remove from heat and drain them in a colander with cold water and let it cool to stop cooking and it is good smooth grain.
- While cooling, in a large skillet brown them ham we have not previously cut into large strips. It should be a high heat to sear it quickly, one minute is enough.
- Prepare an omelet with eggs, heat the pan in which we skipped the ham with 1 tablespoon oil. Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt. When the oil is hot pour the beaten egg, you just have to cover the bottom of the pan, it must be pretty thin. When ready take it off the heat and cut into very thin strips. Reserve.
- Boil the shrimp lightly until they change color in the water where we cooked carrots, peel and fry in a pan with a little oil. Cast in same skillet rice we booked and stir one minute.
- We can only add the remaining ingredients, can include bean sprouts, to me like the crunch that gives the rice. Finally we add salt and serve hot accompanied by soy sauce.
- This dish is often used as a garnish for others, for example, the sweet and sour pork, duck with bamboo, chicken with mushrooms, shrimp curry, etc. If you do not relish the oriental theme, it is also perfect for taking a chicken wing with a breaded steak or grilled fish. Imagination to power.